What healthcare training does Kare Plus provide?
Thursday, May 31st, 2018 | Uncategorized
When working in the healthcare industry, it is important to have the required skills to make sure high-quality care is being delivered at all times. That’s why, at Kare Plus, we provide ongoing healthcare training and continued professional development to all our staff through CQC (Care Quality Commission) mandatory training courses and additional healthcare courses.
Some of the CQC mandatory training courses we provide include:
- Basic Life Support/First Aid
- Fire Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Health & Safety
- Infection Control
- Moving & Handling
- Safeguarding Adults
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Care Certificate
CQC mandatory training courses are a compulsory requirement from the Care Quality Commission (the health and social care regulator for England) to ensure healthcare workers are trained and are working to a set standard. However, at Kare Plus, we don't just aim to achieve the training requirements of the Care Quality Commission. We try to exceed them by actively encouraging and supporting our staff to gain qualifications in other areas in order to develop their skills even further.
Additional healthcare training courses and qualifications we provide include:
- Prevention of Adult Abuse
- Medication Administration
- Medication for Unqualified Staff
- Administration of Medicines
- Mental Capacity Act
- Challenging Behaviour Management
- Moving and Handling Theory & Assessment
- Continence Awareness
- Person Centred Planning & Care
- Communication (Verbal & Written)
- Principles of care
- Communication with People with Learning Disabilities
- Recording & Reporting
- Conflict Management/ Management of violence aggression
- Risk Assessment
- Role of the Care Worker
- Dementia Awareness
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Stroke Awareness
- Develop As A Worker
- Supported Living
- Equality & Diversity
- Supervision and Appraisal
- Dying, Death & Bereavement
- Sensory Impairment
- End Of Life
- Train the Trainer
- Fire Training
- First Aid Awareness
- Food & Nutrition
- Hand Hygiene
- Induction Awareness
- Loss & bereavement
- LD Awareness
- Lone working promotion of staff safety
- Understanding & responding to challenging behaviour in the elderly
What about nurse revalidation?
As a nurse, and as part of your nurse revalidation, you are required to have completed at least 35 hours of continued professional development (CPD). While 35 hours may seem like a lot, CPD can include a variety of activities which doesn’t just involve attending conferences and training sessions. Team meeting discussions, a work based activity or formal learning all count towards your CPD.
At Kare Plus, we provide continuous ongoing support to all our nurses when going through their CPD and revalidation process. We provide access to confirmers along with guidance wherever it is needed.
If you would like more information about the healthcare training Kare Plus provides, please get in touch with our team today.